At TurningPoints, transitioners explore, understand, evaluate and integrate their needs and their options during and after transition so that they can make cohesive choices and decisions which are right for them.
I describe my role in my TurningPoints practice as that of a Life Transitions Advisor – a coach, a guide, a change agent, a facilitator, a synthesizer, an integrator, a sounding board, a second opinion. I offer confidential, one-on-one coaching to guide a transitioning individual through the inevitable struggles, difficulties, decisions and challenges inherent in making a major life transition. I serve as the “go to” person, the point person, who can help the client resolve transition issues from several different perspectives.
Although I am an attorney, I do not offer legal representation. Rather, I help the client understand the legal system, find appropriate legal resources based on the client’s needs and learn how to use legal resources effectively. Similarly, although I am a Certified Financial Planner, I do not offer comprehensive financial services, investment management or brokerage. I do help the client understand the financial resources he or she has, whether the resources as deployed will support the client’s future goals and needs and, when indicated, how the resources might be used more effectively to achieve those goals. If the client does not currently have a financial services provider, I can help the client find a suitable financial professional based on the client’s needs. As requested by the client, I will communicate with the client’s professional advisors so that the efforts of the client’s team of professionals are coordinated and supportive of the client’s needs and goals.
I do not make decisions for the individual client. Rather, I help the individual client to discover what is truly important to him or her and to understand the choices available and the implications of those choices. Ultimately, the client’s decisions need to support what is best for that individual client. I strive to equip the client with empowering new perspectives, skills and knowledge, to encourage the client in discovering his or her own internal compass, wisdom, truth and authentic self and to help the client find inner peace in developing the client’s capacity to let go of the past and move forward with renewed spirit and trust in God into the next chapter in the client’s life.
My services include:
- Assessing the client’s current situation
- Identifying and exploring key issues, questions, choices, fears, goals, needs, barriers, obstacles, hopes and dreams, both for the short term and the long term
- Fostering client understanding of the implications of choices the client faces, the timeframe and other constraints in which those choices need to be addressed and the resources and actions necessary to support those choices
- Empowering the client to work more effectively with the professionals the client has chosen such as divorce or estate planning lawyer, CPA, therapist, realtor, etc.
- As requested by the client, identifying, making referrals to and/or coordinating with other providers of professional services
- Finding resources to meet the client’s needs along the way, whether the need be informational, advisory, spiritual or just practical everyday living
- Walking the transition walk with the client - listening, reflecting, sharing, advising, problem-solving, encouraging, caring and guiding